Traveling overseas and want to avoid paying the hefty AT&T international roaming charges? Moved to a different country and AT&T will not unlock your phone? Want to shift to a different cellular network without paying disconnect charges? Hacker Loktar_Sun has discovered how to unlock your iPhone 4S. We have tested it and it works. You can do it too! Learn the easiest way to unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2 running on iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.1
Easiest Way to Unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2 on iOS 5.1 and iOS 5.0 Without Paying a Dime
Have a look at the below steps and YouTube video on how to unlock:
Pre-requisites for Unlocking iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1. You need your iPhone or iPad to be jailbroken before you can attempt to unlock it. If your iPhone or iPad is not jailbroken yet – here is how to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
2. Latest version of iTunes.
Steps to Unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1. Go to Cydia -> Manage -> Sources. Press Edit and Add repo.bingner.com as one of your app repositories. A bunch of Matrix like code will be installed and once finished without any error message, press Bingner and then press SAM package and install it.
2. Exit Cydia and locate the SAMPrefs icon in your home screen.
3. Inside SAMPrefs, go to Utilities -> Select De-Activate iPhone. Now go to More Information and make sure your iPhone’s or iPad’s activation state is Deactivated.
4. Take out your SIM (which is unlocked) and replace it with the New SIM.
5. Go to Method and change it to “By Country and Carrier”. Come out to SAM home-screen and change Country and Carrier of your new SIM.
6. Click on More Information again. Copy your IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) in SAM Details.
7. Click on Spoof Real SIM to SAM.
8. Go to the main SAM menu and change the Method to manual. Paste the IMSI in the field.
9. Connect the iPhone to iTunes. It might reactivate your iPhone.
10. Disconnect your iPhone when done and quit iTunes.
11. Disable SAM in the SAMPrefs app.
12. Connect your iPhone to the computer. iTunes will start up and tell you it can’t activate the iPhone. Close iTunes and open it again.
13. This time, iTunes will activate your iPhone and it will be unlocked! You can now use your phone in whichever way you want. Just remember not to upgrade your iPhone or iPad to the next iOS release as soon as it is out.
If your push notifications stop working, go to SAM again and click on Clear Push then connect to iTunes again.
- This is a SIM unlock procedure and not a factory unlock procedure.
- If you change your SIM card for whatever reason, you will have to repeat the above procedure with every new SIM card you use.
- Activation rejected: you must select the original carrier SIMID of your Phone
- The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported
Both the above errors are related and they can be solved easily.